Kids aren’t just the innocent and immature beings they are great teacher to adults
Have you felt embarrassed about not understanding something your friends are discussing and you end up asking them many times the same thing like a kid and they have a hearty laugh on how slow you are to comprehend a simple thing?
Yeah, I am sure many of you saying yes to yourself. Haven’t we heard that there is a child inside each of us? Then why are we embarrassed when it comes out unconsciously? Here the point we want to drive is Childishness teaches us many a things. Pamper your inner child; it will end up teaching you lots and add on to your growth as an individual.
Let’s discuss 8 things to learn from kids to become successful Adults:
- There is nothing wrong in Asking for help:
As kids we were always dependent on our adults for so many things, questions, support. Kids never think before asking same thing twice or thrice, for help or any assistance and they constantly learn. We must be learning this art from them of never feeling embarrassed to ask for help from anyone.
- Be Courageous: A child’s limits are away from fear, doubts or humiliation. They just do it. Likewise we must not apply presume failures or doubts based on our experiences and just got to have that courage to do things. Yes learn to just DO IT!
- Open to exploration : Kids are always never scared to explore anything new which comes their way. They take it positively even without knowing or putting brains into whether possible . There is great learning here, being kids and knowing their capability when they don’t even doubt themselves why do we grown up adults doubt our capabilities even after knowing there are chances of success .
- Express and explore your real emotions: Unlike kids we always scared of others opinion about us while expressing our real emotions? Expressing yourself only frees you from all the unseen bounds. You are as free as a kid. Fresh and light.
- You don’t know everything: Its fine to accept that we don’t know everything. Like kids openly display their unawareness in turn they get to know something new, same adults must learn and implement.
- It’s okie to try something new before being prepared: Not everything always needs planning. Children never plan or think too much before getting into something new, they are ready and up without any internal confirmation or readiness. They end accumulating lifelong memories. I am sure even we as kids have lived instances where we did things without thinking and they turned out to be one of ours best memories to be cherished till today. Yes as adult you can still make such adorable memories.
- Be open for unknown people: Unknown people and ideas are not always scary. As kids did we have any presumption for any person we met for the first time? We used to easily make friends. Today as adults we think and assume a lot about people and end up being judgmental even before the start of the relationship. Be a child again and start accepting new people and ideas.
- Laugh every day: Kids find joy in every little thing around them; they don’t wish, expect or wait for something real good to happen to be happy. Be a child again and look for joy in things around you. I am sure there are many reasons in life to be happy then to be sad.
The best part about Childhood is there is no space of doubts and perfections and that the reason it is the most adored phase of life.
“While we teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about” –Angela Schwindt
Celebrating Childhood with Shanti Juniors